Mobile App DevelopmentExtend Your Desktop Apps & Connect to Clients and Employees with Mobile App Technology Using The FileMaker Go Platform
The Arguements For Using Mobile App Technology
Studies tell us:
- Mobile apps account for over half of all time spent consuming digital media.
- Smartphone users spend about 90 percent of their mobile time on apps.
- 85 percent of consumers prefer native mobile apps over a mobile website.
- Mobile apps account for 42 percent of all mobile sales for Fortune 500 companies.
- Revenue from mobile apps is expected to reach nearly $60 billion in the U.S. in 2016.
- The average consumer has about 30 apps installed on his device and spends about 35 hours a month using them.
FileMaker Pro Is A Rapid Development Tool
One of the advantages to using FileMaker Pro as a development tool is it is a very visual process and one that offers a range of templates to use as starting points right out of the box and there are additional templates and complete apps from 3rd party FileMaker developers available too. (e.g. our own 360Difference solution).
This gives even non-technical users a tool they can use to create simple database solutions with minimal training. Typically to create native iOS apps or other web based applications often takes a robust background in tools like the Objective-C programming language so using FileMaker shortcuts around that learning curve for the small business owner.